I used the X310 internal 10 MHz reference for lack of a signal generator, but
the GNSS-SDR couldn't it track this data. Now that I got a signal generator I
will try on Monday in the lab to provide the reference externally. I don't use
grc nor labview because the daughterboard in the X310 doesn't support uhd. I am
strictly using uhd and uhd python APIs. When I turn on the X310 I don't have
any signal coming out of the REF OUT port. I found the command <$uhd_usrp_probe
--args addr=192.168.10.2> would send the internal reference to the REF OUT port
in the rear panel of the X310 such that I would connect a cable there to the
REF IN port of my daughterboard. Do you know what is a good uhd command I can
use or argument with the one I am using if you know it to make sure the X310 is
putting out on the REF OUT port the external signal is receiving in the REF IN?

Also, do you know what uhd command I would use if I have a GPSDO plugged in? I
had one but now is misplaced. Someone took it from the lab but I am still
hopeful I will find it.

I may attend to use grc in windows because I have it installed but I believe I
will encounter problems with data rate. Currently I am only using python uhd
APIs in linux to digitize and transfer the data from the X310 to the linux
machine.

Also, a colleague in another facility collected data from the X310 and the
custom daughterboard using labview and labview USRP APIs at 3 different rates
2.5 MSPS/5 MSPS/10 MSPS but only 30 seconds of data each. Again the GNSS-SDR
couldn't track it but 30 seconds may not be enough.

Another colleague in another facility collected GPS data using a R&S RTSA and
successfully track it and got NAV data with the GNSS-SDR. However, my job is to
evaluate the custom board as GPS receiver. Chugging it along .... I wish I had
more support and understanding about the GNSS-SDR works. It is not clear to me
how some output information change when I change some of the inputs in the
GNSS-SDR configuration file and so on.

I am very grateful for your support and your help will be always appreciated.

Sincerely

Luz Elena (Luchi) Florez Manduca (formerly Roth)
R&D Electrical Engineer
US Army Armament Research Development & Engineering Center
Precision Armaments & Intelligent Sensors Division
Munition Sensors Branch
RDAR-MEF-P, Bldg 407 Buffington Road, Picatinnny Arsenal, NJ 07806-5000
Desk 973-724-6618
Cell 267-884-9517
New Home 267-247-5839
luz.e.florezmanduca....@mail.mil