On 12/19/2018 01:56 PM, Devin Kelly via USRP-users wrote:
Hello,

I have an X310 transmitting packets to an E310, the E310 can successfully demodulate the packet and estimate the time of flight. I'm sending one packet per second for about half an hour and the ToF estimate is very consistent, except for when I have an overflow on the E310. I get an overflow once every 15-20 minutes or so.

When I get an overflow my ToF estimate increases permanently by a small amount, enough to affect my application. For example, I might get 500 packets in a row with a ToF of 100 us each, then I get an overflow and all my remaining packets have a ToF of 101.6 us. All the USRPs are wired together so my channel isn't changing. I tried to figure out if I could compensate for the difference but I couldn't figure it out. I also tried to reset the PPS on the E310, which didn't work.

I know it's on the receive side because I have multiple receivers and I can match each overflow to each ToF change. On the E310 I'm using UHD 3.9.2. Can anyone help me figure this out?

Also, is there a newer image I should be using for the E310? Or, a newer UHD? It doesn't look like the E310 is supported much anymore, or is there something I'm not seeing?

Thanks,
Devin

What sample rate are you using on the E310? Can you operate with a lower rate?