Hey Rob,

Regarding overflows or dropped packets, is this something that might
> occur inside the FPGA (CE to CE) or is it just a concern on the
> transfer to the host CPU (which is my only experience with overflows
> or dropped packets)?  If on the FPGA, what would be the cause of
> overflows / dropped packets in the following scenario:
> rx_radio->DDC->FFT->host?

Overflow generally only occurs due to the host being unable to consume
samples quickly enough. It is possible for overflows to occur due to a
RFNoC block not consuming samples quickly enough, but all in-tree blocks
are designed to avoid that situation. Drops only occur between the device
and host.

Regarding the header, is the concern the following? Assume packet size
> of 1024 and FFT size of 4096 such that there would be 4 packets for
> each FFT; Now assume that EOB occurs on the 3rd packet such that the
> FFT is 3/4 filled.  Thus, on the next start-of-stream, the FFT will be
> in a bad state.  Is this the issue?  If not, please explain.  If so,
> is the fix to reset the FFT on any incoming EOB? Without any fix, does
> this issue correct itself in some way during the subsequent stream or
> is the input frame mismatch issue going to remain until the FFT is
> manually reset?

Correct, resetting the FFT on EOB is a possible solution. If you reset on
EOB though, you'll need to figure out a way to still send that final packet
with EOB set to the host. Maybe zero fill the missing samples to complete
the FFT? The issue will also fix itself on the next burst assuming you
don't care that the first FFT might be corrupt.

Jonathon