You can't just take code from the main UHD source tree and compile it
out of that tree; you need to build them with the whole UHD repo's
build infrastructure, otherwise your linker won't know where to take
the functionality from that the program is using.

Also, you normally wouldn't use an ancient Matlab Mex compiler to build
modern UHD – that probably won't even work, because that compiler is
quite likely too old to support the modern(er) C++ that UHD is written
in.

Best regards,
Marcus