Hello all,

I don't see why PCIe cards wont work. There are plenty of them out there
with Intel and Mellonox chips (2 QSFP+ ports per PCIe 3.0 x8 card).

Note that you need to check your host machine has the correct PCIe
revision. A lot of boards have one 3.0 x16 slot and a bunch of 2.0 x4 or x8
slots.

Here is one:

https://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-Dual-Port-QSFP-Server/dp/B07983NGQH

I recommend you gravitate towards cards based on Intel chips/controllers.
Intel's open source commitment/drivers is above every other network gear
company (in my experience). Broadcom is by far the worst for open source
drivers.

I agree with Marcus on the CPU issue. That ARM dual-core is going to get
annihilated at the full rate.