On 06/28/2019 09:12 AM, d.des via USRP-users wrote:
I found the new SD image and cross-compiler described in
http://lists.ettus.com/pipermail/usrp-users_lists.ettus.com/2019-May/059897.html
and it seems to work well for the UHD that's pre-installed. I was also
able to build the v3.15.0.0 pre-release host code from git and run it
from a sshfs "newinstall" directory using the old instructions as a
guide. rx_samples_to_file and rfnoc_rx_to_file seem to make valid
recordings. I used the script in fpga-src...scripts to generate some
FPGA images with different RFNOC blocks and they seemed build OK with
Vivado 2018.3 but I can't figure out how to load them into uhd on the
E310. uhd_usrp_probe, using either the baseline SD version of uhd or my
cross-compiled version, always shows the same modules (DDC_0, DUC_0)
regardless of what .bit files are in the UHD_IMAGES_DIR or where I try
to point it with --args="fpga=..." I've gone so far as to delete all of
the .bit images that I can find on the SD card and uhd still finds that
same fpga image whether I use the baseline or the newinstall version.
It's as if that particular FPGA image is baked into the uhd build or
some other location that updatedb...locate can't find rather than being
read from a file that I can change.

In general, is there a way to see which RFNOC modules are built into an
fpga .bit image other than uhd_usrp_probe?

See this thread here:

http://lists.ettus.com/pipermail/usrp-users_lists.ettus.com/2016-March/046784.html