Thank you, Sam.

These are two different problems, that I reported together in one message.
I was compiling the UHD myself and but now am installing it from the
3.15.0.0 .deb packages released by Ettus.

Anyway, I got over the PPA add issue.

Also I haven't seen the kernel panic again after repeating the mender
process.

So, things are normal as of now.

Subu