Hello,

I am also currently developing with UHD v4.1.0.5 and the default verilog
template code generated by *rfnoc_mod_tool *does not automatically include
ce_clk.

If you would like to use ce_clk you can use the *rfnoc_create_verilog* tool
to regenerate and customize the verilog code from the template with
parameters you specify in your block .YML file.

Example:

python3 $PATH_TO_UHD_DIR/host/utils/rfnoc_blocktool/rfnoc_create_verilog.py
-c $PATH_TO_BLOCK_YML/yourblock.yml -d $DESIRED_PATH/rfnoc_block_yourblock

If you are more interested in as to what the various clocks are intended to
be used for, the general explanation is that certain parts of RFNoC are
designed to operate at the primary bus clock of the USRP, yet one's logic
may need to operate at a different clock, especially if it was designed to
operate at a specific frequency... so the customizability is built into
RFNoC.

The following RFNoC 4 Workshop video may help provide more of a deep-dive:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9ntwQie9vs

There are also a few other slide materials (some from RFNoC 3 but are still
useful). Recommend going into the RFNoC 4 Migration Guide as it discusses
the differences if you have prior experience working with RFNoC 3

Slides: Part 1: Overview of RFNoC 4 -
https://kb.ettus.com/images/5/5b/rfno...
<https://www.youtube.com/redirect?event=video_description&redir_token=QUFFLUhqbkZQeUJnei1iS1hkYTcyTnUwclVOOFZKMEJtZ3xBQ3Jtc0tuNnk0dlZHdjYxUXkxZzFPd2I1dnBmM2NobFRkbG9hckd0VU0yaGc2MzREeWhzNE10c25GVUxSaE9Rc0FGb2Q4em1waUphOWZxbkZ5TGh6NHpqVjRYODRqcW5fU3ZmVzVIaWtGZ1lPUlZaaTdNTmxERQ&q=https%3A%2F%2Fkb.ettus.com%2Fimages%2F5%2F5b%2Frfnoc4_workshop_slides_2020_part_1.pdf&v=M9ntwQie9vs>
Part 2: Deep dive into RFNoC 4 - https://kb.ettus.com/images/e/e9/rfno...
<https://www.youtube.com/redirect?event=video_description&redir_token=QUFFLUhqbmJabXRUbGJhVHNzak4wVGhNeXVXc2h4RUpkQXxBQ3Jtc0tsNlJJNGJjY0VRSWJqLTNhenZoWUhoODZ1cGJYNEVyTFRPNjl5UURxVmRuYmVmQTktMnlrWmJzMksxS1Y5b0xxd2lTaFdoTUhyYWdQM1FHMHk4bkpRQ2ZXS3R3QTI0TXJNM0hwX3h2SU5LUnJZdHM0SQ&q=https%3A%2F%2Fkb.ettus.com%2Fimages%2Fe%2Fe9%2Frfnoc4_workshop_slides_2020_part_2.pdf&v=M9ntwQie9vs>
Useful Knowledge Base Application Notes: Getting Started with RFNoC in UHD
4.0 - https://kb.ettus.com/Getting_Started_...
<https://www.youtube.com/redirect?event=video_description&redir_token=QUFFLUhqa2d3MFBKZzJCUW5VRFd2cFlIalR6MGtCLTZmUXxBQ3Jtc0trY0pKOWNCamw5dmd2N2NMbFl5MHFXb2JVUEdWLVZNSWk2TkZRTy03X0FuRFo5aVdSdGtialVrLTN1T0lUSGNYTy1OaGRWOUh3T0NhdWV2dTF0LVljNkxlUFBvY0pqZ2RHLTkxUmIwZEdfcmczYjY3TQ&q=https%3A%2F%2Fkb.ettus.com%2FGetting_Started_with_RFNoC_in_UHD_4.0&v=M9ntwQie9vs>
RFNoC 4 Migration Guide - https://kb.ettus.com/RFNoC_4_Migratio...
<https://www.youtube.com/redirect?event=video_description&redir_token=QUFFLUhqbkhKQ09JV3gyQXplRGo2X29ibXR1bXFHUENUUXxBQ3Jtc0ttZV9ma1VZU2RDNWhpNEUxM0FDSWxiQTZwS0V2RHpMalRkWnZ6VVAtUUZXOWk1T0REWE5WMDVwcXM5QlNFRGhLSkNGY3dlRkxYZ1NzTHVDSWZJTFhlUE83dG9KbzdiWUsyMXlFUmVrMXVQUTNzOUsyOA&q=https%3A%2F%2Fkb.ettus.com%2FRFNoC_4_Migration_Guide&v=M9ntwQie9vs>
Other useful videos: Exploring RFNoC 4 with the UHD Python API -
https://youtu.be/fbcxm7f-Tj0
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbcxm7f-Tj0&t=0s> RFNoC 3 workshop video -
https://youtu.be/VbODcrmpLaU
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbODcrmpLaU&t=0s>