Hi Maria,
I apologize but I am not very experienced with these matters. I am able to
copy the rfnoc-example folder to an OOT location and build it and I know it
has both OOT and in-tree IP options.  In the past I have successfully run
the 'make <testbench>' and also built an image such as "make <x300_core>".
But, outside of that, I don't really know what I'm doing....
Rob

On Fri, Jun 3, 2022 at 9:05 AM Maria Muñoz <mamuk...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Rob,
>
> I try to put these lines in the makefile.srcs inside my_block/fpga folder
> as in the rfnoc example:
>
> #RFNOC_OOT_SRCS += $(abspath $(addprefix ${RFNOC_EXAMPLE_DIR},
> #my_other_module.v \
> #ip/my_ip_core/my_ip_core.xci \
> #))
>
> I add my .xci IP to this folder and give the name of the IP as a
> rfnoc_oot_src. I can compile the block but when I try to perform synthesis
> it gives me this error:
>
> ERROR: [DRC INBB-3] Black Box Instances: Cell
> 'x300_core/bus_int_i/rfnoc_sandbox_i/b_3/top_i/my_clk' of type 'clk_wiz_0'
> has undefined contents and is considered a black box.  The contents of this
> cell must be defined for opt_design to complete successfully.
> ERROR: [Vivado_Tcl 4-78] Error(s) found during DRC. Opt_design not run.
> ERROR: [Common 17-39] 'opt_design' failed due to earlier errors.
>
> So I think I am missing something. I do not see anything else related to
> IP core. Is there something else I have to do?
>
> Kind regards,
> Maria
>
> El mié, 1 jun 2022 a las 17:48, Rob Kossler (<rkoss...@nd.edu>) escribió:
>
>> Hi Maria,
>> The rfnoc-example folder within the UHD tree shows an example of how to
>> add an out-of-tree IP block. Did you look at this yet?
>> Rob
>>
>> On Wed, Jun 1, 2022 at 5:12 AM Maria Muñoz <mamuk...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I'm trying to synthesize a design that includes a vivado ip core inside.
>>> Normally, I add my .vhd/.v source files to the Makefile.srcs inside my
>>> block like this:
>>>
>>> RFNOC_OOT_SRCS += $(addprefix $(dir $(abspath $(lastword
>>> $(MAKEFILE_LIST)))), \
>>> source1.vhd \
>>> source2.v \