Hi sp,

Simulation is the best way to debug issues like this. I suggest you modify
the provided gain testbench to test your block. That's the best way to
debug HDL code. After it's working in simulation, then you should try
running it on the FPGA.

Looking at your noc_shell_gain.v, it looks like you hand-modified this
file? I suggest you run rfnoc_create_verilog.py to regenerate it from the
YAML file. See the getting started guide for instructions on how to use
rfnoc_create_verilog.
https://kb.ettus.com/Getting_Started_with_RFNoC_in_UHD_4.0

After you've generated a fresh noc_shell, do a diff between yours and the
newly generated one to see what's different. Of course, this assumes you
updated the YAML file correctly.

Wade