Hello everyone,

I am using an X310 with a UBX-160 daughter card to playback many hours of
recorded samples.

After a few hours, even when using a very powerful server, some underflows
accumulate. This impacts the timing of data being played back. In some
cases a 24 hour playback will accumulate 100 ms of error.

I can obviously solve the problem by periodically stopping the flow of
data, and realigning the sample stream and the radio clock, but this isn't
desirable. It would be unfortunate to drop seconds of data to handle a few
underflows. Is there a standard way to handle this with the UHD API? I'm
calling send() on the tx stream with 10 ms of data at a time. If I use a
time spec for every 10 ms buffer, and an underflow causes a late packet,
will the X310 just drop the late 10 ms of data, and realign itself on the
next buffer? Or will every subsequent buffer be late? All of the UHD
examples only ever set a time spec on the first buffer of samples, which
suggests this will not work.

Thanks,
Armon