I have tried the changes I made above(both with the srcport clock set to
radio_2x and just radio on the custom block “trigger”). Transmission from the
Replay block to the Radio block seems to work fine. However, receiving from the
Radio block to my custom trigger block gives an overflow.

It seems like I did miss a few steps: some internal buses were not set to the
correct size to handle the 2x SPC, which seems like can at least be partially
corrected by editing the block yml file(i.e the one used by rfnoc block tool).