> Thanks Ned for the general feedback. We will review and get back with you.

> Did you have specific feedback for the HTTPS fetch timeouts discussion that
> this thread is intended to address?

Not at this time.

TBH, I'm not really interested in getting in to such issues until the draft is
in a bit better shape and it's easier to visualize how the sequence of
operations fits into the SMTP client, how much of the MTA-STS procedure can be
moved to a coprocess, and what that relationship would look like. (There's no
way we're going to put a full-on HTTP client in our SMTP client, and I
intend to ignore anything that makes that a requirement.)

In regards to timeouts, once we get down to it I'm likely to be very concerned
about the need to access DNS TTL information as well. IME a lot of DNS APIs
don't provide access to this information.

                                Ned