We had a (less than spirited) discussion in Praha about the K/V vs JSON.

There was no clear consensus for switching from JSON to K/V based on
the proposal from the spec authors sent to the list last week.

Victor expressed his views clearly and I'll not ask him to repeat
himself. I will attempt to summarize the discussion - feel free
to correct me!

The situation is that of the active participants that are also
implementors one (postfix - Victor) has said that he does not believe
that postfix will ship with a standard JSON-based implementation but
that this doesn't preclude third-party plugins.

The other major implementor who is also an active participant (google)
has stated that they have a JSON implementation but that they are
also eager to close this issue. One more implementor (Chris) has stated
no preference but also said that his (native) JSON parser is somewhat
smaller than his K/V one.

Based on this and falling back to the IETF WG process as chair I would
conclude that there isn't enough consensus to make a change and that
we are staying with JSON.

I would prefer to have more opinions (implementors in particular) but
we are also going to get past this. In particular I would like to hear
from implementors who (like Victor) have a problem living with either
choice.

Please provide your feedback by EOB 1st of August.

        Cheers Leif