Roland McGrath wrote:
Can we get these two new people from Redhat posting to this list as they make progress on utrace? There is nothing visible from outside, really. The list has been quite for 1.5 months, if you don't count the annoying spam.

The first half of that time I was on vacation, and the second half has been
about evenly split between the bug-fixing I've just posted about, and
unrelated work.  As you well know, I am only one (poorly-organized) person,
and not free of other substantial time obligations not related to utrace.
There is no hidden work.

OK, thanks for the update. I disagree on you being disorganized, btw. :-)

Denys has been investigating ptrace-regression bug reports from Fedora
users in the Fedora kernel's bugzilla (which is public).  He's been
producing new test cases in ptrace-tests and has updated the utrace/tests
wiki page, which has pointers to those Fedora bugzilla reports.  (You can
sign up on the wiki and have it email you when utrace pages change.)

I know I can sign up to the wiki, but this is what this mailing list is for, I'd prefer to track one single source of information for progress.

Since he was working from the perspective of fixing problems for Fedora
users rather than of working on utrace development code here, he's put the
details of those issues into bugzilla.  Denys was tasked with isolating
those test cases for the suite, but since he has gone beyond the call of
duty to actually poke into the utrace kernel code, I'll make sure he knows
to post here whenever discussing actual the kernel source in the future.

If he could chime in here, and, say, give a summary of the issues he has found, that would be helpful. As you know, Wenji has been testing the tree too, and I feel that he is probably wasting his time if somebody else is doing the same w/o us knowing.

I plan to do my best to rope Oleg into working on utrace development code
in the future.  But he has not yet worked on that, and is CC'd only to
pique his interest in the development code since he knows a lot about
various related code.  I wish he were secretly doing something fabulous for
me that you'd want to know about, but I'm not so lucky.

Ok thanks
elena

Elena Zannoni, Oracle
Senior Engineering Manager, Tools/Languages - Linux Engineering
Blog: http://blogs.oracle.com/ezannoni
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]