> I assume that lic-arcgis.gis.washington.edu does not require a 27004 prefix.

Firewalls aside, the port@ prefix is only required when checking out a license
to use off-campus but it doesn't hurt to specify the port regardless. What he
was running into might have been that one of the multiple servers being listed
was not responding at that moment in time. All license servers entered in that
dialog have to be up and running, otherwise it will fail to get past it.

I believe you can still set a system variable for this to bypass the issue yet
have all the options configured.

Shane Krause - IT Lead
UW School of Environmental and Forest Sciences