I agree.

This function was only illustrate what I mean ;)


----- Oryginalna wiadomość -----
> Od: "Yaniv Aknin" <[email protected]>
> Do: "uWSGI developers and users list" <[email protected]>
> Wysłane: środa, 1 czerwiec 2011 10:35:39
> Temat: Re: [uWSGI] uwsgi.version_info
> 
> I suggest uWSGI will return this tuple itself, similar to Python's
> sys module .version and .version_info.
> 
> 
> Also, I suggest it will be possible to give a custom string to
> uWSGI's build script, and this custom string will appear in both
> .version and .version_info.
> 
> 
> Just my $0.02,
> - Yaniv
> 
> 
> 2011/6/1 Łukasz Wróblewski < [email protected] >
> 
> 
> To easily check if my application is using the correct uWSGI version:
> 
> def version_info():
> return tuple(map(int,
> uwsgi.version.decode().replace('-','.').split('.')[:3]))
> 
> 
> Example of use:
> 
> if version_info() < (0,9,8):
> raise Exception('req min uWSGI 0.9.8')
> 
> 
> Maybe this can be included in module as uwsgi.version_info
> and use:
> 
> if uwsgi.version_info < (0,9,8):
> raise Exception('req min uWSGI 0.9.8')
> 

-- 
Łukasz Wróblewski
http://www.nri.pl/ - Nowoczesne Rozwiązania Internetowe
http://www.hostowisko.pl/ - Profesjonalny i tani hosting
http://www.katalog-polskich-firm.pl/ - Najlepszy darmowy katalog firm
_______________________________________________
uWSGI mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.unbit.it/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/uwsgi

Reply via email to