> Hi,
>
> We've been running uwsgi for a while now and I think it's great. However,
> I
> understand that it's possible to have very fine control over the
> processes/threads that are running, getting info from and restarting
> individual threads and so on. If this is the case (please correct me if
> I'm
> wrong!) how do I get "inside" the system to see what's going on? Is there
> some kind of monitor process I can run? Up until now it's been kind of a
> black box and I'm feel like I'm not really that aware of what's going on
> inside the system.

you can access internal data with uwsgi.workers() (check the welcome.py
example app in the sources, or the more advanced flask-based uwsgicc)

Another approach is the statsserver:

http://projects.unbit.it/uwsgi/wiki/StatsServer

And a top-like client:

https://github.com/unbit/uwsgitop

Threads are a particular beast in python, recycling them without making
damages is practically impossibile. Currently uWSGI reload the whole
process.

>
> Also, in regards to logging is it possible to split up the logs into
> separate access and error logs?

currently not, but there is already a ticket for that.

Also, I don't seem to get output from
> Django when things like internal server errors happen (we do have it
> configured to email so it's generally ok), but it would be handy to have
> these types of errors logged to a file as well. I do currently get errors
> when the system fails to start up (eg. can't find a settings file, for
> example) but the error logging seems very minimal. Is this possible
> through
> through UWSGI server or does it get handled at a different layer?
>

this is managed by django logging subsystem:

http://lists.unbit.it/pipermail/uwsgi/2011-April/001769.html

-- 
Roberto De Ioris
http://unbit.it
_______________________________________________
uWSGI mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.unbit.it/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/uwsgi

Reply via email to