Skip> I've got a couple small uWSGI caches in my application, and can see
how
Skip> many elements they contain, but have no idea what their hit/miss
ratios
Skip> are. Is there some API for that? I thought perhaps uwsgitop might
display
Skip> it, but I saw nothing there.

Roberto> Hi, you can try this:
Roberto> https://github.com/goir/uwsgicachetop

Thanks. I gave it a whirl. I installed it using pip in a Python3-based
Conda environment. While it installed, when I ran it, I got an error about
'reduce' not being defined. Clearly hasn't been ported to Python 3. No
problem, run it in a Python 2 env. Once installed and run using Python 2,
it displays a number of columns, though the values in the MISS column are
always zero, making the various derived values not-so-useful. That it
doesn't crash suggests that it's likely reading the data correctly from the
socket, but that uWSGI itself isn't keeping track of cache misses, at least
not automatically.

Is there some action I am supposed to take when the request reached my code
(indicating a cache miss)? I saw nothing here:

http://uwsgi-docs.readthedocs.io/en/latest/Caching.html

which suggests that. This seems like the sort of thing uWSGI itself can
keep track of (and more efficiently than me). Am I missing something?

Skip Montanaro