On 2015/08/20 21:24:48, Dan Ehrenberg wrote:
Such a weird spec, but your implementation makes sense. I can't think of a
simpler way. Why don't the default parameter direct evals just run within the
function's existing var scope? (Or, why 1JS?!)

Because the var scope is not in scope for parameters. Otherwise, e.g. this

  function f() { return 1 }
  function g(x = f()) {
    // ...way down
    var f = 2
  }

would have a rather surprising result (g() === undefined). I'd actually be fine
if this happened with var (just don't use it), but for legacy reasons, inner
functions are var bindings, too, unless inside a block.