On Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 1:25 PM, Dmitriy - <dima00...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I try to run "print(1)" on d8 and I get following calls:
> (in runtime)
> ... -> LoadICStub -> CallICStub -> Builtin::Generate_Call -> ... ->
> Builtins::Generate_Adaptor
> I don't understand who and why calls Generate_Adaptor.

V8 generates an arguments adapter stack frame when you call a JS
function with more or fewer arguments than it expects.

print.length === 0 so print(1) needs an adapter frame, in theory.
It's a native function and those use a different calling convention so
I suspect that the CallIC in your example is something else;
--trace_ic should tell you.

v8-dev mailing list
"v8-dev" group.
to v8-dev+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.