Hi,

In addition to what Yang says: We have - at around the same time - added an
API to explicitly set the snapshot + natives sources (
V8::Set(Natives|Snapshot)DataBlobg in include/v8.h), so any embedder can
use whichever compression they want at the price of a bit more boilerplate.

In other words:
- Previously, the data was embedded in the v8 lib, and the embedder used
#ifdef to tell V8 (at compile time) which compression to use.
- Now, you can instead embed them into the embedder library, compressed in
whichever way you want; then compress them at startup and pass them
uncompressed to V8. That's the same thing that happened before, except now
the (de-) compression happens on your side of the fence.

Daniel