I don't think the "make android_arm.release.check" magic has been ported to
the GN world yet. But you can always run the underlying commands by hand,
just look at the recipe definitions in the Makefile:
https://chromium.googlesource.com/v8/v8/+/master/Makefile#365

Feel free to contribute documentation for our wiki, and/or a patch for a
helper script to make this more convenient :-)