Hi all

I'm looking into upgrading the v8, we have embedded in our software.
Previously, we had 3.14.5 (a very old version) and I am upgrading to the
current version (6.7.106 from last week or so).

Now I found the following problem:
In our codebase, we use mlockall(MCL_CURRENT | MCL_FUTURE) to keep our
program always in memory.

This leads to v8 not being able to allocate memory. I tracked it down to
OS::SetPermissions calling ReclaimInaccessibleMemory which then fails
because madvise(address, size, MADV_DONTNEED) returns an error
(MADV_DONTNEED makes no sense when non-swappable memory is involved of
course).

My questing now is, how bad would it be to ignore the result of
ReclaimInaccessibleMemory?

I tried it locally, and it did not seem to result in immediate problems.

Thanks and Greetings
Adrian