Greetings!

Our project is a V8 embedding library for .NET on Windows. We have a test
that spins up a context, runs SunSpider, and destroys the isolate. We run
it in a loop to check for memory leaks.

This test showed a dramatic leak with V8 8.0 that wasn't there with 7.9.
Our tools found nothing suspicious in the managed and native heaps, but the
process's private memory size kept increasing.

Based on some quick research and a little guesswork, we rebuilt with
v8_enable_pointer_compression and v8_enable_31bit_smis_on_64bit_arch both
set to false. To our surprise this completely eliminated the leak!

We'd like to report this issue to the V8 team, but we have no simple native
repro code. Can someone suggest a way to gather some useful diagnostics?

Thanks!