Map & Set are both part of ES6 [1], [2].

They are shipping in Firefox since version 13 [3] and Internet Explorer 11
[4]. They are also turned on by default for nightly WebKit/JSC.

Adam Klein recently re-implemented the backing hash table used by both Map
and Set to use an ordered hash table, which is a requirement for
deterministic insertion order iteration. With that we were able to add
support for forEach which we saw as a must have for parity with Firefox and
Internet Explorer.

This is not a full implementation of Map and Set. Most notably it does not
include @iterator, entries, values nor keys. This is also the lowest common
denominator between IE and FF. We plan to send out further intent to ship
emails before we ship the remaining features of Map and Set.

Owners: ad...@chromium.org, a...@chromium.org

[1] http://people.mozilla.org/~jorendorff/es6-draft.html#sec-map-objects
[2] http://people.mozilla.org/~jorendorff/es6-draft.html#sec-set-objects
[3] https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Firefox/Releases/13