Right, Ben summed it up nicely. Our stability expectations are the same for
every branch (once it starts shipping on Chrome stable, which is roughly 6
weeks after it's been created), and every branch's support period is also
the same (another ~6 weeks until the next Chrome version goes on the stable
channel).

Regarding API churn, we try to keep the API stable, so most updates should
be pretty smooth. We only change the API when there is a clear need/benefit
to do so, and we document changes at bit.ly/v8-api-changes, including
recommendations how to adapt embedder code (which are usually
straightforward).

Just one more question:

On Sun, Feb 8, 2015 at 12:16 AM, Mark Topinka <mtop...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > a fair bit of the code on the official v8 "embedders guide" does not
>> compile

Can you be more specific here? We do try to keep the embedders guide up to
date, so reports on what's outdated are welcome.

As an additional resource, the samples
<https://chromium.googlesource.com/v8/v8/+/master/samples> in the source
are guaranteed to compile.