If you get V8 as https://developers.google.com/v8/build describes, and
embed it like in the example at https://developers.google.com/v8/get_started,
then everything should just work.

Of course you're free to choose a different local directory structure, but
then it's up to you to fiddle with paths until you get the same end result.
It is quite possible that homebrew is doing something stupid or broken; it
is not officially supported or tested or blessed in any way. Maybe they
would appreciate your help with fixing how they package V8?