On Mon, Dec 21, 2015 at 5:38 PM, D T <dastigerc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> To my understanding, this is the ASM code, V8 produces for my Javascript
> input file?

Yes. More specifically, it's the optimized code that was generated for your
"rnd" function.

> So if I execute my JS file with Chrome (using V8), I should find the exact
> same code in memory, or don't I?

Yes.

> Furthermore: How do I reliably find the code-

Right where it says:
0x2020e060     0  55             push ebp
^^^^^^^^^ This is the address of the "push ebp" instruction.

> is there a specific region where V8/Chrome normally writes to?

No.

What exactly do you mean when you say you want to "find the code"?
>From a debugger? Use the address you see in the --print-opt-code output.
>From JavaScript? Raw object addresses are not exposed to JavaScript, so
this should be impossible. (If you do find a way, then you've probably
found a security bug, which we'd love to hear about!)