All of V8 is compiled with -fno-exceptions, so it doesn't support C++
exceptions. You could try building without that flag, but then you'd be
entirely on your own you find that something doesn't work (and I'm pretty
sure that something wouldn't work -- V8 code is not written to be exception
safe).

The exception system that V8 implements for JavaScript code (via
Isolate::ThrowException, v8::TryCatch, etc) is completely unrelated to C++
exceptions.