I have been struggling for a couple of days to get the correct incantations
to get a build of v8 working on windows 10 with visual studio 2015.
In short the steps that i've been attempting are as follows
- set DEPOT_TOOLS_WIN_TOOLCHAIN=0
- set GYP_MSVS_VERSION=2015
- set GYP_GENERATORS=msvs-ninja,ninja
- Get depot tools from: wget
- Expand Archive: Expand-Archive .\depot_tools.zip -dest depot_tools
- Set the path for depot tools
- Checkout the v8 source code by running: fetch v8
- Change directory to /v8 and checkout 5.2: git checkout branch-heads/5.2
- Run sync so that all the dependencies are up to date with the branch:
- To generate the project files run: third_party/python_26/python.exe
- To build: : "c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio
14.0\Common7\IDE\devenv.com" /build Release gypfiles\All.sln
I am running into all kinds of issues related with the build and after
running the last command it ends with
40> ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.
40>ninja : warning : premature end of file; recovering
error MSB3073: The command "call ninja.exe -C ..\..\out\Release_x64\
wasm_fuzzer" exited with code 1.
..\..\out\Release_x64\ wasm_fuzzer" exited with code 1.
========== Build: 20 succeeded, 21 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped
Any help would be much appreciated
v8-users mailing list
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.