Confirmed the malfunction of the build toolset on the Raspberry Pi.
It has been reproduced started from clean SDCard (Raspbian OS) and
following wiki procedures to build V8 without observing any other issues
during installation and setup.
So, I will consider this a BUG of Chrome toolset and wait to be repaired
soon.
IMHO the downloaded binary of gn is wrong on the Raspery Pi 3 (Raspbian OS).
Ale
p.d. Why are we downloading binaries? the reason to use py scripting is to
do not transfer binary...  please remove scripting (best) or binary
downloads in the toolset :-P