I link against it all the time with rtti and exceptions and don't have any
problems as long as I don't let any exceptions get into the actual V8 code.

Obviously you can't do anything with it that requires typeinfo on the v8
types, but it doesn't stop you from linking ALL code that uses RTTI with
V8.