That does indeed seem very large. On Linux with a current checkout (and
without v8_static_library=true), my out/x64.release/obj/v8_base directory
with all the .o files is only 29MB.

Unfortunately, I have no idea what might be causing the difference in your
case. Do any *.o files stand out as very big? Have you tried deleting the
output directory (remember to save your args.gn first!) and compiling
everything from scratch? It's a blunt instrument but sometimes helps get
rid of old cruft...