Great! Thanks for the speedy reply. Looking
at
https://cs.chromium.org/chromium/src/v8/test/cctest/test-serialize.cc?type=cs&q=CustomSnapshotDataBlobWithWarmup&l=1167

makes me think/hope  that functions are being compiled but state isn't
changed (e.g. the assignment to `a` isn't persistent). Is that a correct
assumption?