You cannot turn off the interpreter, nor build V8 without it. Without the
interpreter, V8 would be unable to execute any JavaScript.

V8 used to have a non-optimizing compiler and an optimizing compiler. Now
it has an interpreter and a new optimizing compiler, replacing the former
two. What hasn't changed is that all executed code still goes through the
first stage of the pipeline first, and then is eventually optimized if it
runs hot enough.

So I think for your purposes, the fact that the non-optimizing compiler was
replaced with an interpreter is an internal implementation detail that you
don't need to care about. Just go ahead and run your benchmarks :-)