At 09:36 AM 3/22/01 -0500, Greg Hankins wrote:
 >My '76 25' Tradewind Land Yacht has leak where clean water enters the Aqua
 >Magic toilet unit. The water connections are behind the unit and not
 >readily visible, let alone accessible. So I need advice.

         The toilet does not come apart- you need to remove it from the
floor to access the water valve, etc.

         There are two bolts holding it to the floor- one is behind the
foot pedal assembly, the other is at the back left side (diagonally across
from the front bolt.)

         First, shut the water and disconnect the line. I like to remove
the front bolt first- push the pedals down and you can see it easily- it
should use a 1/2" wrench. For the back bolt, you can access it through the
plastic plug at the back left that you can see after you lift the lid and
seat. You can either use a long extension with a 1/2" deep socket and
universal joint, or like I do- just look through the (plug) hole, and reach
around to get to the bolt.

         I would probably get a water valve kit (Thetford p/n 09868) and a
vacuum breaker repair kit (Thetford p/n 09871).

________

         Chris Bryant
         Bryant RV Services
         DeLand, Florida
         mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

To unsubscribe or to change to a daily Digest, please go to
http://www.airstream.net/vaclist/listoffice.html

If replying back to this message, please delete all the unnecessary original
text from your reply.