hello,

for the first issue, it's permissions, by default the permissions won't be
very user friendly..

in the host, create one dir per user, and mount that as the /home/<user>

if the user is already created check the documentation and use the user
group

if the user is not created, use gid/uid like this:

config.vm.synced_folder "12cR1", "/media/sf_12cR1", :mount_options =>
["dmode=775","fmode=775","uid=54320","gid=54321"]

For the 2nd problem, What will be quicker for you? mount say  host www as
/var/www ?

other way, is you can use sed, and modify DocumentRoot in
/etc/httpd/httpd.conf and then do a restart. you can execute this with a
shell script from Vagrantfile

Let me know if you have questions, or need something a bit more detailed.

Alvaro.