I'm not sure how many Windows users there are in this group, but I thought
I'd give a quick update...

I managed to get rsync on Windows by installing cwRsync. I installed the
free version using the instructions here
- http://www.rsync.net/resources/howto/windows_rsync.html

That didn't work, but after Googling I found an answer to a similar
question. It had to do with adding the path to the environmental variables
so rsync could be accessed from all folders:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/20493309/cwrsync-in-windows-not-being-recognised

Unfortunately I am still getting errors with I do vagrant up. I really
don't understand what the problem is. I know there were issues with
previous versions of Vagrant, but I am on the latest one (v1.5.4)

Here are the error messages:

==> default: Rsyncing folder:
/cygdrive/c/Users/IanAnderson/Documents/Sites/Vagrants/Primary-Vagrant/vagrant-local/sites
/stable.wordpress.vagrant/ => /var/www/stable.wordpress.vagrant
==> default:   - Exclude: [".vagrant/", ".git/"]
There was an error when attempting to rsync a synced folder.
Please inspect the error message below for more info.

Host path:
/cygdrive/c/Users/IanAnderson/Documents/Sites/Vagrants/Primary-Vagrant/vagrant-local/sites/stable.wordpress.v
agrant/
Guest path: /var/www/stable.wordpress.vagrant
Command: rsync --verbose --archive --delete -z --chmod=ugo=rwX --no-perms
-e ssh -p 2222 -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no -i
'C:/Users/IanAnderson/.vagrant.d/insecure_private_key' --exclude .vagrant/
--exclude .git/ /cygdrive/c/Users/IanAnderson
/Documents/Sites/Vagrants/Primary-Vagrant/vagrant-local/sites/stable.wordpress.vagrant/

vagrant@127.0.0.1:/var/www/stabl
e.wordpress.vagrant
Error: Warning: Permanently added '[127.0.0.1]:2222' (RSA) to the list of
known hosts.
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes received so far) [Receiver]
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(605)
[Receiver=3.0.9]
rsync: read error: Connection reset by peer (104)
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(759)
[sender=3.0.6]