Hi,

you can try to log in via plain ssh from the commandline with verbose
logging, this might give you some more information on what's going
wrong, e.g.:

    ssh vagrant@127.0.0.1 -p 2222 -i
.vagrant/machines/default/virtualbox/private_key -o
StrictHostKeyChecking=no -o UserKnownHostsFile=/dev/null -vvv

Does that show anything helpful?

HTH,
Torben