Hi Paul,

which VirtualBox Version do you have? After updating to 4.3.20 I
noticed that that VirtualBox suddenly started spawning 3 processes for
each VM. This was annoying and I had some not really reproducible
hickups. After swiching back to 4.3.12 everything worked again (and
also only 1 process per VM).

If you are looking for a prepared Vagrant development environment on
windows, you might also find https://github.com/tknerr/bills-kitchen/
helpful. You only need to have VirtualBox installed, everything else
is included in the package.

Btw: you are not expected to run anything as admin upfront there (and
I believe this counts for Vagrant in general), but there are a few
occasions where the UAC prompt is popping up asking you to elevate
permissions, which is required for creating the virtual network
adapters.

HTH,
Torben