hello

for some vm in atlas some vendor/people choose not to install guest
additions and use rsync

check a vagrant file ~/,vagrant.d/boxes/centos-VAGRANTSLASH-7

you will see the code that disable the folder and enable rsync

i will suggest other vm first to ensure all is right

On Mon, Sep 19, 2016 at 7:27 AM, Michael Vermaes <mverm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> When setting up the CentOS 7 box from https://atlas.hashicorp.com/
> centos/boxes/7 with the VMware Fusion provider, /vagrant is always shared
> using the rsync method. Is there a way to override this using the
> Vagrantfile? I've tried the following:
>
> - Setting different values for the 'type' of the synced_folder, such as
> vmware/vmware_fusion/vmware_desktop, but this generates an error on
> reload:
> ==> default: Verifying vmnet devices are healthy...
> .../.vagrant.d/gems/gems/vagrant-vmware-fusion-4.0.11/
> lib/vagrant-vmware-fusion/synced_folder.rb:10:in `usable?': wrong number
> of arguments (2 for 1) (ArgumentError)
>
> - Setting the folder with id: "vagrant-root" to disabled, and then
> redefining it on a new line. This is ignored, and rsync is still used.
>
> - Defining a second synced_folder with a different guest path (/vagrant2).
> This works.
>
> Given the last point, I believe VMware Tools are set up correctly. The
> Tools were configured by installing open-vm-tools from CentOS
> repositorities and then adding the tools from the Fusion iso to get shared
> folder support.
>
> Other version details:
> - OS X 10.11.6
> - VMware Fusion 8.5 (same behaviour with 8.1.1)
> - Vagrant 1.8.5
> - vagrant-vmware-fusion 4.0.11
>
> Thanks for any suggestions anyone can provide.

> msgid/vagrant-up/bc85b54b-8845-4303-b210-199fadc5e246%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/bc85b54b-8845-4303-b210-199fadc5e246%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>

(+31)103400555

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/CAHqq0exa0FgzYSm9kZhWuUDZcWQJo51UiToocdyskVBAkCW2iA%40mail.gmail.com.