I am in need to learn Puppet 4. I am using a Windows 10 PC.

I am trying to follow the instructions in O'Reilly "Learning Puppet 4".
Learning Vagrant may be a future task, but right now it is just a tool to
continue learning Puppet4.  The instructions were:
1.) install Git Tools (http://git-scm.com/download/win)
2.) install Virtual Box (https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads)
3.) install Vagrant (https://www.vagrantup.com/downloads.htlp)

After the 3 installs:
1. run Git bash
2. run "vagrant box add --provider puppetlabs/centos-7.2-64-nocm"
3. run "git clone https://github/jorhett/learning-puppet4";
4. run "vagrant plugin install vagrant-vbguest"
5. run "vagrant up client"

and there is when I run into trouble.  I get the same ssh error.  It seems
to be looking for a user called "vagrant" that is not created.  The
commands that someone published would not work because I am not root.

So . . .
1. How do you become root (su not found)
2. Should I use windows to create a vagrant account first?

Thank you for your time . . .

--Phil

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/2f6641ee-0572-4284-bbb0-eb0e4443e808%40googlegroups.com.