Al, Thanks, I was hoping to avoid having to pass additional args, because
i'm going to be sharing this with lots of people on my team.  I'm testing a
workaround now, which is changing my vagrantfile to set the provider using
a File.exist? ruby block, seems to be a decent workaround?  any thoughts?

https://gist.github.com/brianfgonzalez/30aaeeaa93bb9b943128767f11e56530

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/e16bb196-d8ea-4af9-9939-8141e116d06c%40googlegroups.com.