vagrant destroy will delete the VM from virtualbox.

Any file created in the host need to be delete separately.

vagrant status shows the VMs defined in the current Vagrantfile. will show
if created or not (stopped or running if present)

vagrant global-status will show all the VMs that vagrant is aware of

VBoxMana list vms will show all the VMs that exist on virtualbox, the same
if you open VirtualBox and check the gui.

Alvaro.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/CAHqq0eyyCMZ4mr%3DGAd-1Ldkr39gxAFV-GVjswWKeSWpg32B%3DoA%40mail.gmail.com.