Hi William,

the Vagrantfile looks good at first sight, but I have never used the
bento/fedora-24 box yet

If you are fine with Ubuntu and keen to use Chef for provisioning your
linux desktop, you might wanna have a look at this "template project",
which includes testing and self-updateability:

   - https://github.com/Zuehlke/linux-developer-vm

More concrete examples based on this:

   - https://github.com/Zuehlke/java-developer-vm
   - https://github.com/tknerr/linus-kitchen

If that's where you want to go, you will probably find lots of stuff to
reuse from the above.

If that's too much and you'd rather keep it simple for now -- I'd suggest
to try another basebox, the boxcutter ones <https://github.com/boxcutter/>
are really a good choice (pick your favorite OS)

HTH,
Torben

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/CACN%2Ba_Z-YuHr8Q6UfgSP%3D2%3DX3ikMrV2xR28JE694WYhz3yrg1Q%40mail.gmail.com.