Thanks for your reply. Indeed I didn't notice any issues with an incorrect 
version of the additions. Creating a new box didn't make any difference to 
the error. However the recent upgrade of both Vagrant and VirtualBox 1.9.7 
and 5.1.26 resolved the issue, at least made it go away.

Cheers

Rod

On Thursday, 27 July 2017 06:54:14 UTC+2, Alvaro Miranda Aguilera wrote:
>
> the vbox additions are quite good in backwards compatibility
>
> so I would just ignore that.
>
> if bothers you the best is create a new box
>
> let me know if you need help there
>
> On Tue, Jul 25, 2017 at 4:58 PM, Rod Oliver <rodo...@gmail.com 
> <javascript:>> wrote:
>
>> Hi Alvaro,
>>
>> Thanks for the reply. You are right that I have this plugin installed.
>>
>> C:\Users\D069683\Documents\Projects\Vagrant_Machines\Ubuntu>vagrant 
>> plugin list
>> vagrant-proxyconf (1.5.2)
>>   - Version Constraint: > 0
>> vagrant-share (1.1.8)
>>   - Version Constraint: > 0
>> vagrant-vbguest (0.14.2)
>>   - Version Constraint: > 0
>>
>> C:\Users\D069683\Documents\Projects\Vagrant_Machines\Ubuntu>
>>
>> How should that affect that that version 5.1.18 rather than 5.1.24 of 
>> GuestAdditions is installed?
>>
>> Rod
>>
>> On Thursday, 20 July 2017 14:04:57 UTC+2, Alvaro Miranda Aguilera wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello
>>>
>>> The virtualbox guest will tell you that as a warning.
>>>
>>> probably you got a plugin named vagrant-vbplugin that does the install 
>>> that is not core vagrant.
>>>
>>> vagrant plugin list
>>>
>>> Alvaro.
>>>
>>>
>>> On Thu, Jul 20, 2017 at 10:35 AM, Rod Oliver <rodo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>> I am running VirtualBox version 5.1.24 r117012 having recently upgraded 
>>>> from 5.1.22. In each case I had the guest additions appropriate to the 
>>>> version of VirtualBox. I have a guest (Ubuntu) which whenever I boot it 
>>>> reports that the GuestAdditions versions on host and guest do not match. 
>>>> It 
>>>> reports that the host has version 5.1.24 and guest 5.1.18 however it 
>>>> proceeds to report that it is installing 5.1.18 rather than 5.1.24. The 
>>>> same happened with VirtualBox 5.1.22. Is this a normal situation?
>>>>
>>>> -- 
>>>> This mailing list is governed under the HashiCorp Community Guidelines 
>>>> - https://www.hashicorp.com/community-guidelines.html. Behavior in 
>>>> violation of those guidelines may result in your removal from this mailing 
>>>> list.
>>>>  
>>>> GitHub Issues: https://github.com/mitchellh/vagrant/issues
>>>> IRC: #vagrant on Freenode
>>>> --- 
>>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google 
>>>> Groups "Vagrant" group.
>>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send 
>>>> an email to vagrant-up+...@googlegroups.com.
>>>> To view this discussion on the web visit 
>>>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/0f19edda-fe87-484e-b30a-c33bf73bf085%40googlegroups.com
>>>>  
>>>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/0f19edda-fe87-484e-b30a-c33bf73bf085%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
>>>> .
>>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> -- 
>>> Alvaro
>>>
>>> -- 
>> This mailing list is governed under the HashiCorp Community Guidelines - 
>> https://www.hashicorp.com/community-guidelines.html. Behavior in 
>> violation of those guidelines may result in your removal from this mailing 
>> list.
>>  
>> GitHub Issues: https://github.com/mitchellh/vagrant/issues
>> IRC: #vagrant on Freenode
>> --- 
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
>> "Vagrant" group.
>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
>> email to vagrant-up+...@googlegroups.com <javascript:>.
>> To view this discussion on the web visit 
>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/6a64cd18-d92f-4a41-83c6-dc683dca3aa0%40googlegroups.com
>>  
>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/6a64cd18-d92f-4a41-83c6-dc683dca3aa0%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
>> .
>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>>
>
>
>
> -- 
> Alvaro
>
>

-- 
This mailing list is governed under the HashiCorp Community Guidelines - 
https://www.hashicorp.com/community-guidelines.html. Behavior in violation of 
those guidelines may result in your removal from this mailing list.

GitHub Issues: https://github.com/mitchellh/vagrant/issues
IRC: #vagrant on Freenode
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Vagrant" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to vagrant-up+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/5c72b3c8-e429-4235-9f76-b2a9e72ef331%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to