dns-search is a line in /etc/resolv.conf

that in ubuntu seems you can configure in /etc/network/interfaces

http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/zesty/man8/resolvconf.8.html

you can use shell or something like this:

https://github.com/jdauphant/ansible-role-dns

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/CAHqq0exrKs_cDu2ASTnhF9ZbcGCD%3Dfs8jHp_qcd2X38bkLtawg%40mail.gmail.com.