You're right about the Vagrant box storage. Those are cached versions of
the downloaded boxes.

The created virtual machines get stored wherever the hypervisor is setup to
store them. Vagrant talks to the hypvervisor and orchestrates it but the
hypvervisor itself takes over from there and "custodies" the virtual
machine. For example, if you're using VirtualBox, you can check the
settings to see where the default storage location is for new virtual
machines. There is a similar setting for Hyper V.

Once you check that setting to see where the default is, you'll see where
your Vagrant boxes are created.

JP Toto   |   james.p.t...@gmail.com   |   http://jptoto.jp   |   @jptoto
<http://twitter.com/jptoto>

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/CAAYNrX_dY7S3xDz3yJ4amqoCzi6eOKbvr2Fokf7RsSScHADFhA%40mail.gmail.com.