It is not a matter of a VM. The magnetic disks are just in the host. They
are not used by any VM nor VMware nor Vagrant. Right now, my MP3 collection
is on them. The whole Vagrant and VM stuff ist on SSD.

But wenn I run "vagrant ssh" (e.g.) in the Powershell, then it first spins
up the HDDs. They are not in the PATH, they do not contain Software,
nothing.

I beliebe from some weird reason vagrant when starting enumerate the disks
in the system and checks for - maybe - config files or so on each one of
them.
I would think that somebody would know or recognize this behaviour and give
me a hint on how to inhibit that. (config directive, whatever).

So to make it clear: even if no VM is running .... this happens when
running vagrant: it wakes up my HDDs (Y: and Z:, while VMware and Vagrant
are on V: and system is on C: each on separate physical volumes).

To explain it in more detail:

C: is a mirror set of two NVMe SSDs (2x 1TB)
V: is a striped volume of two other NVMe SSDs (2x2TB)
some other SATA SSDs (4 pcs, unrelated) have own drive letters
Y: is a magnetic disk (8TB)
Z: is a magnetic disk (ditto)

If on V: I run vagrant whatever, the command spins up Y: and Z:, not only
that ... it also waits for the spin up to complete, which is boring me.

Does that kind of explain the problem better?